If you own an older home, as winter nears, you may want to check out these few cost saving tips.
- Get an energy audit on your home from your utility provider or a third party provider. It may surprise you how many window and door leaks you may have
- Fill any holes on outside walls with expandable foam caulk and add weather stripping to windows.
- Purchase insulated covers to place over attic hatch or stairs to seal openings.
- Adding shrink-wrap to windows and sliding doors will help reduce heat loss especially on older windows and doors.
- A water heater blanket can help reduce standby losses by 25 to 45 percent
- Change rotation of ceiling fans to a clockwise rotation to help push warmer air downward into room.
- Get a programmable thermostat and reduce heat setting at night and when not at home.
Or you can purchase a New Energy Efficient Pacesetter Home. Now building in 8 neighborhoods in the Greater Austin Area. Visit a Pacesetter Homes neighborhood today at www.PacesetterHomesTexas.com